kahlil gibran’s (the prophet) famous quote
on love came up in conversation last nite.
my friend got the quote up on her phone
(still kinda amazed with technology here…
it is so cool how we can do that!)
and read it to me.
hearing the beautiful wisdom, i decided it was
time to pull that book off the shelf again.
so this morning, i found it, and thumbed thru it.
here’s a line i read and just loved.
i wanted to offer it today.
it’s about pain –
just one line.
but i love it.
‘Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.’
i really really like that.
and it’s the word ‘understanding’ that snags me here.
understanding of what?
sit with that, if you feel like it, and see what you come up with.
i keep finding different things.
and i love that.
- totally what i needed....
- a little etsy shop stuff...
- i've only just begun!
- filling my head with good stuff...
- cradling and plunging all at the same time...
- the fabric of her dancing shoes...
- terri! hey! hey terri!
- oh yeah, that makes sense...
- carry it into the room, baby!